Items you will need:
1. A small jar with lid. Baby food jars work well but any jar will do.
2. A tool to make a small hole
3. Cotton Ball
4. 95 % Ethyl alcohol (ethanol)
1. Make a small hole in the lid of the Jar.
2. Pull apart a cotton ball.
3. Roll the cotton in your hands to make the wick. The wick needs to fit snug in the hole and reach to the bottom of the jar.
The wick should be sticking out about 1/4 in. The more wick that sticks out the bigger the flame will be.
When you don't use the lamp, store in a tightly closed plastic bag to prevent the alcohol from evaporating.
Original at: http://www.sporetradingpost.com/lamp.htm